HOW WE SERVE
How Leawood Lions Serve our Community
The Leawood Lions Club is located in the Heartland of Leawood, Kansas. As much of the heartland, Leawood grew from farms and meadows. Today, Leawood is one of the most recognizable suburbs of Kansas City. Growing with distinction is the city’s motto and the Leawood Lions are proud to have been a part of that growth since 1954.
Currently, the Leawood Lions meet on the 2nd Tuesday of the month. Contact us if you would like to find out how you can serve our community.
Lions Club International is the largest service organization in the world. We have more than 1.4 Million members in more than 48,000 clubs worldwide.
The Lions Club motto is We Serve, which to Lions means service to others. Areas of Service include vision, hearing, and speech impaired, hunger and childhood cancer.
Community & Volunteer Service
- Ringing the Bell for the Salvation Army
- Pancake Days
- Lions Candy Days
- Eyeglass Collection
- Leawood Breakfast with Santa
- Leawood Labor Day 5k
- Leawood Fall Festival
- Food Drives for Harvesters
- Toy Drives for Shadow Buddies
- Award Scholarships to local students
- Sponsor various youth organizations including Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts and Venturing Crews
The Leawood Lions takes pride in the many ways we have been able to give back to our community. Some of these include:
- Donations to help build Lions Shelter in Leawood City Park
- Donations to help build Lions Memorial fountain in Leawood City Park
- Secured more than $750,000 in donations for the Salvation Army
- Assisted in the collection of food and donations for Harvesters, a community food network
- Supported the Kansas Lions Eye Clinic at KU medical Center
- Providing fee eye exams and eye glasses for the needy
- Collected over 12,000 pairs of eyeglasses each year
- Awarded college scholarships to local students to help them attend college
- Help maintain Linwood Cemetery in Leawood, Kansas